The Lincolnshire Wildlife Trust is based in Banovallum House.
Mortons of Horncastle is a major national magazine publisher of classic motorcycles, aviation and road transport heritage titles, situated in the south of the town on the industrial estate off the A153 (Boston Road). This ward includes Thimbleby and has a total population taken at the 2011 Census of 7,073.
The boundary skirts the east of the town, crossing Low Toynton Road, following the Viking Way then meeting the River Waring.
It briefly follows north of the A158, to a caravan park, where it meets High Toynton.
The veteran politician Sir Peter Tapsell was MP for the town from 1966 to 1983 and from 1997 to 2015, being Father of the House of Commons from 2010 to 2015.
Following a redistribution of parliamentary constituencies, Edward Leigh was the MP from 1983 to 1997.
Historically, the civil parish suffered a decline in population from the mid-19th to mid-20th century, as urbanisation and changes in agriculture attracted people to cities where more work was available.In the 19th century it was likely the largest event of its kind in the United Kingdom.The slogan, "Horncastle for horses", was an indication of the town's standing in this trade. Lingen Barker, was erected in the centre of the Market Place in memory of Edward Stanhope MP.George Borrow set some scenes of his semi-autobiographical books Lavengro and The Romany Rye at the annual horse fair. Built of limestone, red sandstone and pink and grey streaked marble, it is a Grade II listed structure.The Grade II listed Old Court House, built in 1865, is in the town centre, in Louth Road.