Council tax disability reduction backdating

The disabled person can be either an adult or a child and does not have to be responsible for paying the Council Tax bill.

An extra room does not need to have been specially built, but your home will not qualify for a reduction unless the 'essential or of major importance' test above is met.

Councils may backdate a reduction if you can demonstrate you were entitled to it before you applied.

If you disagree with the council's decision, you should write to them again setting out why you believe the reduction should apply.

You can also find out about, and in some cases apply for, Council Tax reductions on your local council's website.

The following link will let you enter details of where you live and then take you to your local council's website.

'Disabled person' in this context means a person who is substantially and permanently disabled.

No Council Tax is payable on properties left unoccupied by people who have moved to receive personal care, whether in a hospital, care home or elsewhere, if it is now their main residence.

Generally speaking, the residents of care homes or those whose main home is a hospital do not have to pay Council Tax.

You will need to apply for the reduction; your council will not automatically apply it, even if you receive care and support from social services.

The council will send you a form to fill in and return.

Search for council tax disability reduction backdating:

council tax disability reduction backdating-17council tax disability reduction backdating-40council tax disability reduction backdating-82

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

One thought on “council tax disability reduction backdating”

  1. And Imogen Thomas, 34, was back to her old bikini tricks as she slipped on a sizzling two-piece while sipping on a glass of rosé during her sun-soaked trip to Mallorca on Wednesday.